Drawing on the latest research and expertise of Baycrest, a world leader in research on the aging brain, Mindfull provides nutritional strategies for maintaining and improving brain health and supports the journey to more brain healthful eating through its recipes, menus and tips on stocking a healthy home pantry. While the risk of such diseases as Alzheimer’s represents a complex interplay of genes, environment and lifestyle, up to half of Alzheimer’s cases may be the result of seven key modifiable risk factors, including diet-associated disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. As the population ages, the incidence of Alzheimer’s, dementia and other brain diseases is on the rise, creating a growing need for proven nutritional advice and recipes for better brain health.
- Over 100 recipes, including contributions from notable Canadian chefs Laura Calder, Chuck Hughes, Mark McEwan, Michael Smith and others
- Recipes from morning to night, including “afternoon brain boosters” and “fuel on the go” snacks
- The six biggest myths about brain health
- Current science on “brain foods”
- Tips on minimizing the use of fats, sweeteners, soy, alcohol and sodium
- Strategies for eating properly and developing eating patterns for ideal cognitive function
- Full-colour photography throughout