As a condition of using the Website, you agree to refrain from any defamatory, harassing, negligent, inaccurate, offensive, or illegal conduct. Cogniciti reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Website without prior notice and without liability.
The purpose of the Website is to provide general information and access to resources and tools ("Resources"). Cogniciti and its Partners ("Partners" includes Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, MaRS Discovery District and other providers of information and services) assume no responsibility, nor liability for the Resources on the Website, nor for any claims, damages or losses resulting from any use of the Resources.
Neither Cogniciti nor its Partners is responsible for the content of any user postings on the Website (including but not limited to content posted through Ask the Experts or Share Your Story). You agree that you are fully responsible for any content that you submit, transmit or otherwise make available to Cogniciti and any resulting risk of injury rests entirely with you.
Should you choose to ask questions or to provide suggestions, ideas, comments, recommendations, feedback, or other information relating to the Website, including through Ask the Experts or Share Your Story ("Feedback"), you (i) agree that the Feedback is not confidential and that you will refrain from providing any personal information; and (ii) assign to Cogniciti (including its successors and assigns) all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Feedback. Cogniciti shall be entitled to alter or modify the Feedback as it sees fit and to use and disseminate any Feedback for any purpose, without any acknowledgement of contribution and without any compensation being paid to you.
Links from the Website to other sites, where available, or other publicly available content, does not constitute an endorsement of these sites or content by Cogniciti or its Partners. These links are provided as an information service only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
The Resources on the Website including questions and answers, messages, text, graphics, images, assessments, reports, tools and other material are for informational purposes only. Nothing on the Website should be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or the provision of health care. The Resources on the Website are not a substitute for the advice from your treating health care professionals. You should always seek the immediate or timely advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have about a medical condition. You agree not to disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read or seen on the Website. If you require emergency help, contact your local emergency services.
It is acknowledged that the Website is operated from the Province of Ontario, Canada and may be accessed from another province or territory in Canada, or from another country. You agree that by accessing the Website, all matters relating to the Website or the Resources shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You further acknowledge and confirm that you are responsible for complying with any applicable local laws, and will not partake in Cogniciti’s services if void where prohibited by law.
• that your use of the Website will not violate any applicable legislation, regulation, rules or standards. You will abide by all policies applicable to the Website as well as all applicable provincial and federal laws of Canada;
• to assume liability for your actions in connection with your use of the Website;
• to release, hold harmless and indemnify Cogniciti and its Partners for any and all claims arising from your use or the operation of the Website;
• that the use of the Website is at your own risk and is provided on an "as is, where is" basis. Cogniciti and its Partners make no warranties with respect to the content or operation of the Website;
• that research carried out using your data by researchers (including at Baycrest, its research partners, or by other researchers) may lead to the development of marketable treatments, devices, new drugs or patentable procedures (“Commercial Developments”). You understand and agree, however, that you will not be entitled to any benefits from such Commercial Developments and that any and all benefit from Commercial Developments will remain with any or all of Cogniciti, Baycrest, its research partners or other researchers, as applicable;